Friday, October 15, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie - Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup

The recipe for this week was Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup. I really enjoyed making this soup very much. I wasn't initially sure what to expect flavor-wise but when I tasted it I thought it was so delicious!!

I live less than a block away from an Asian market so getting the various ingredients was no problem! I haven't made many soups, but this soup ended up to not be as much trouble as I expected. It was my first time using a "bouquet garni" in the broth as well. I have a feeling cooking along with FFwD will have many more firsts!

Bottom line, I really loved this soup. I liked how the different flavors came together in the broth and the chicken and noodles added a nice texture to the soup. I was even able to refrigerate the leftovers and warm it up for lunch the next day with no problem. I definitely would like to make this again! I am a big fan of all kinds of Asian food so I am always game to try something new. This has been my favorite recipe so far!

Next Week: Hachis Parmentier