Friday, October 8, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie - Gerard's Mustard Tart

The recipe for this week was Gerard's Mustard Tart! I was excited to try this because I have never made a savory tart before. I was also looking forward to trying out my new tartlet pans! I always like to take recipes and make them miniature... so you'll be seeing a lot of that from me. Makes them easier to eat! I was able to make 4 tartlets from the original recipe.


I am still getting settled in my kitchen after the move, so all of the equipment isn't all here yet. I had to use a pint glass instead of a rolling pin to roll out the tart dough (which wasn't too bad)... plus my steaming apparatus wasn't perfect, but with the super small veggies it worked out just fine. I thought they turned out well!

I was looking forward to trying these out as my first savory tart attempt. I am a relative newcomer to the world of mustard, but the dijon and coarse grain are my favorites. I still really don't like the regular yellow mustard though... gotta be fancy mustard for me! Overall, this tarts were really good!

Last Week: Gougeres
Next Week: Vietnamese Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup