Friday, October 1, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie - Gougeres

The recipe for this week was Gougeres, yummy cheese puffs! It was the first recipe for French Fridays with Dorie, and I was really excited to get started. Please forgive the ghetto iPhone photo, starting this blog was kind of an impulse decision!


I cut the recipe in half, which I usually do because I don't have very many people around that can help eat the food I make! I have to make the batter by hand because my great Kitchen Aid mixer is still stuck on the East Coast and hasn't made the move out to Oregon yet. Sad! Luckily, I didn't have any trouble making it by hand. I used sharp cheddar, mainly because cheddar is my favorite cheese... that's pretty much it. I guess the puffs weren't as puffy as the picture in the cookbook, but they still tasted good! I think the cheese was a little chunkier as well. Hey, that's why I'm trying all these recipes so I can get better! I am looking forward to cooking through all of these recipes!

Next Week: Gerard's Mustard Tart